40% of young adults admit to using social media in the bathroom* (and those are just the people who admit to it). At our core, Charmin is all about giving people a better bathroom experience and it is important to us that this translates to how we engage with consumers on Twitter. And of course, we love potty humor.
* http://news.yahoo.com/40-young-adults-admitted-using-twitter-toilet-rest-141931025.htmlFor Charmin, Twitter is a powerful engagement vehicle - a vehicle through which we build relationships with consumers through fun, entertaining, and valuable content all that ties back to bathrooms. We call it "winning hearts."
• From partnering with Vine's biggest stars (https://twitter.com/Charmin/status/422933828861054977)
• To engaging with real-time topics (https://twitter.com/Charmin/statuses/420415996340764672)
• To creating our own conversations on major holidays #CharminLoveNotes (https://twitter.com/Charmin/status/434360507550556160)
• To giving insight into our advertising strategy (https://twitter.com/Charmin/status/431623408346861569)
We are always looking for ways to create and join conversations.
But where we have really found magic is through #TweetFromTheSeat. A simple search on Twitter will show that it is immediately associated with Charmin - an accomplishment that we are proud of.
Take a look for yourself:
Last week, Time Magazine (http://newsfeed.time.com/2014/02/12/study-young-people-love-to-tweet-from-the-toilet) called us the “Sassiest Brand on Twitter”. In the past year, we've received accolades from the likes of the NY Times, Business Insider, Mashable, Media Bistro, Buzzfeed, and Ad Age.
But at the end of the day, if we have won the hearts of Charmin's consumers then we have done our job. We will let them do the talking:
Procter & Gamble,
Publicis Kaplan Thaler,