How the Shorty Awards for Brands and Agencies Work
The Shorty Awards invite any organization, including agencies, brands, networks, services, non-profits, etc., to enter their most innovative work on social media. To be eligible, the entry must have been at least partially live in 2014. Unless otherwise noted in the category description, spec work and incomplete work are not eligible.
- Brief description: Overview of submission and what makes it unique. Summarize entry information including objective, strategy and outcome. Up to 250 words.
- Why does this entry deserve to win?: All entries are judged on creativity, innovation and overall effectiveness. Please describe your entry’s objective, key features, metrics/results and why judges should select it to win. Up to 750 words.
- Entry image: Image that best represents your entry. You may upload multiple images, however only the first will be displayed as the entry cover image. Images must be .jpg or .png, 5MB max size.
- Additional information/links: You may include any additional information that will help judges evaluate creativity and effectiveness, including landing pages, social streams, videos, etc.
- Team recognition: Give credit to all the people who contributed to your entry’s success!
Early Entry November 14, 2014 ($399)
Regular Entry February 19th, 2015 ($499)
Late Entry February 26th, 2015 ($699)
Payment can be made securely by credit card using our online entry form. Entry fees are non-refundable. The same project may be entered in multiple categories (each entry requires a separate entry fee).
For payment by corporate check or wire transfer please email us at email@example.com to arrange payment. Please note that there is a minimum entry cost associated with payment by check.
Finalists will be announced in April. Join our mailing list to stay updated.
Judging and Judging Criteria
The Shorty Awards for Brands and Agencies recognize excellence in the professional social media community. Winners are selected by members of the marketing and CMO juries of the Real-Time Academy of Short Form Arts & Sciences, a diverse group of luminaries in the internet, advertising, media, and entertainment industries. You may apply to join the Academy here.All entries will be scored by the judges on these major criteria:
- Creativity & innovation: Unique and innovative use of the app/platform, quality and originality of the creative execution, aesthetic impression, and overall creative impact of the approach, user engagement and social media experience.
- Effectiveness & use of the platform: Overall effectiveness of the campaign - did it achieve the desired business objectives and results (be specific). Did the campaign or does the online presence use the capabilities of the platform to the best of it’s ability? Describe why this campaign is best of breed.
- Additional criteria for Best Overall categories: A description of overall agency or company excellence. Please provide specific examples of how the organization is advancing social media disciplines, creating campaign successes, building thought leadership, and cultivating staff experts. Please provide links to other Shorty Award entries you want the judges to review as part of your Best Overall submission.
Selecting Winners and Finalists
Winners and finalists will be determined by the average score submitted by the jury. Winners will only be chosen for categories with worthy entries. The jury's decision is final and neither the organizers nor the panel will enter into any correspondence about them.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Administrator; Release; Limitation of Liability
The Shorty Awards are administered by Sawhorse Media, LLC (“Sawhorse”), which will be entitled to make all final decisions regarding the awards in its sole discretion.
Sawhorse reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, cancel or modify the Shorty Awards at any time. By participating in the Shorty Awards, whether as a nominee, a voter or otherwise, each participant agrees to release and hold Sawhorse and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, consultants and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the awards, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. The organisers reserve the right to publish all entries wholly or in part, as case studies or for publicity purposes.
PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT PARTICIPATION IN THE SHORTY AWARDS SHALL BE AT THEIR SOLE RISK. IN NO EVENT SHALL SAWHORSE BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY (I) FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING) OR (II) FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) $100. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
User Submissions; Appearance Release
Any and all content submitted by a voter, a nominee or any other participant in the Shorty Awards is referred to in these Terms of Service as a "User Submission." Each participant shall be solely responsible for his or her own User Submissions and the consequences of submitting them. By submitting a User Submission, the participant represents and warrants that he or she owns or has the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to his or her User Submissions (and all content included therein), including the right to authorize Sawhorse to use the User Submissions in the manner contemplated herein. By submitting the User Submissions to us for public display, the participant hereby grants us an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Submissions in any media formats now or hereafter created and through any media channels now or hereafter created.
In addition, any person who attends the awards ceremony or any other event associated with the Shorty Awards hereby grants us the irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, sublicensable and transferable right to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform any photographs, video or other images in which such person may be included that are taken at such event, whether accurate or distorted in character or form, without restrictions to changes or transformations, in conjunction with such person’s own name or a fictitious name at our discretion, or no name at all.
The use of any trademark, service mark or logo of Twitter, YouTube or any other media outlet is not meant to imply such media outlet’s endorsement of, or affiliation, with The Shorty Awards in any way.