Best Use of Foursquare in a Campaign← Go back to category
Perry Ellis Heritage Badge Promotion
Perry Ellis International
Feb. 9, 2012
- Foursquare Campaign
Team members: James Brown - Retail Marketing Director, Cynthie Guzman - Social Media Coordinator, Laura Pieretti - Social Media Manager, Amanda Tompkins - Marketing Director, Claudia Rodriguez - Graphics Designer, MIchelle Magallon - Vice President of E-Commerce, Gary Rubin - President of Perry Ellis Direct to Consumer, Joakim Wijkstrom - Chief Marketing Officer, Adrienne Denaro - Copywriter, Jake Furst - Foursquare Merchant Business Developer
About this entry
When fashion house Perry Ellis decided to put the pocket squares in foursquare, they let fans do the deciding for them. “Heritage” and “Style” went badge to badge, battling it out for fan favorite. After 10,000 Facebook votes, “Heritage” took the title and its beach-scene artistry launched to the public in July 2011. The campaign slogan: “CHECK-IN. EARN THE BADGE. GET STUFF.” provoked style loyalists to earn this must-have virtual accessory by following the brand on foursquare and checking-in to four Perry Ellis recommended venues (including at least one Perry store – driving more traffic and sales).
Once unlocked, the badge granted special perks like VIP access to fashion shows and special events, gifts with purchase and exclusive discounts when shown in-store during monthly “foursquare weekends.” The Mayor of each store received the company’s employee discount and customers who presented the unlocked badge during the launch promotion received a real one to pin on their Perry lapels
The case for why this entry should win a Shorty
- 14,000+ unique visitors unlocked over 16,000 Perry Ellis offers at Perry Ellis stores on foursquare.
- Fans who voted during "Battle of the Badges" unlocked a special online discount at perryellis.com & were entered to win one of 10 Perry Ellis wallets.
- The Perry Ellis Heritage Badge was unlocked over 21,500 times.
- The Perry Ellis foursquare page increased by 30,000 followers during the promotion
- The Heritage Badge promotion brought Perry Ellis national & international attention on social media blogs.
- Perry Ellis brand venues took 14 of the top 25 venues checked into during the promotion.
- The Perry Ellis Heritage Badge was made available in all 50 states and Puerto Rico, giving the promotion a larger audience.